Frequently Asked Questions
Faculty interested in using APEX with their students should click here.
Do you offer a student guarantee?
You may be thinking, “What if I don’t pass?” If the unthinkable happens, rest assured that we’ll support you every step of the way.
- Send us your scores, and we’ll schedule a FREE strategy session over the phone.
- As you prepare for your next attempt, we’ll continue to offer 1-on-1 guidance.
- If you don’t pass the National Certification Exam on your 3rd attempt, we’ll give you a full refund.
A review course is only beneficial to those who actually use it. To be eligible for our guarantee, you have to put in the time and complete the course.
Do you offer group discounts?
Yes! We are happy to offer a discount for groups of 10 or more.
- 10-19 students = 1% off per student. For example, a group of 15 students will receive a 15% discount.
- 20 or more students = 20% off.
Can my group have a mix of different subscriptions?
Your group discount is based on the total number of students in the group. It’s ok if there’s a mix of 1, 2, and 3 year subscriptions in the same group. This is a great option for smaller groups who wish to increase their discounts.
Can I renew my subscription?
You can renew your subscription, but it will be at the advertised rate on the day you request to renew. For this reason, we suggest that you purchase a subscription that will cover you several months beyond graduation.
If you find that you can’t live without APEX after school, we’ll gladly give you a 20% discount on our CRNA CE course.
Is there an app to download?
APEX is server-based, so your progress will be automatically synchronized across your computer, smartphone, and tablet. There is no app to download.
What are the hardware and software requirements?
You’ll need an internet connection to access APEX.
You can access APEX from your Mac, iPhone, iPad, PC, or Android* device. For the best experience, we recommend the most current versions of Safari, Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
- At this time, we do not fully support the Android LG. You can use it to access the review exams, mock exams, and flashcards but you can’t access the tutorials with this device.
- APEX cannot be used by e-readers or the Kindle Fire.
Can I see how APEX will look on my computer, smartphone, or tablet?
Absolutely! Just use the links below:
Can I print the study material?
While we’ve made it incredibly easy for you to access the material with your electronic device, we certainly understand the value of printed material.
When we write things, we’re more likely to remember them later. You’ll get over 600 pages of printable workbooks that’ll help you remember more of what you learn.
Can APEX predict how I’ll perform or the questions I’ll see on the NCE?
The promise of predicting the future is a gimmick. Here’s why:
- The NCE is a computer adaptive exam. It is impossible to accurately predict the questions or concepts that you’ll see on your specific exam – it will be different for everyone!
- The NCE evolves over time, as new content is added and old content is removed.
The bottom line is that there are no shortcuts! Instead of guessing how you’ll answer specific questions or which concepts you’re most likely to see on your specific exam, we’ll help you master all the concepts necessary to succeed on the National Certification Exam.
What should I do after I take the NCE?
One of the best things about operating a review course is sharing in your success, so please keep us updated.
Please DO NOT send us any information specific to your exam! If you are unsure about acceptable vs. prohibited exam behavior, the NBCRNA lists all the rules on their website. Learn more.
Do you offer CE credits for CRNAs?
By taking the same course the students take to prepare for boards, CRNAs in practice can earn 60 Class A credits that have been pre-approved by the AANA.
Any student who used APEX for boards and enrolls in our CE course within a year will receive a 20% discount. Just email us before you subscribe, and we’ll send you a coupon code.
How often do you report CE credits?
If you are an AANA member, we take care of the reporting process for you.
- During most of the year, we report CE credits twice a month. In the month of July, we report credits once a week.
- There can be a turnaround time of up to 7 – 10 days for your credits to appear on your AANA transcript.
If you are not an AANA member, then you’ll be able to print the CE certificates and submit them to the NBCRNA.
Does APEX offer an in-person review course?
When you travel to a review course, you have no choice but to try to cram as much information into your brain as possible in a very short time. We all know this is probably the least efficient way to learn and process information. Furthermore, you waste valuable time reviewing content that you already know. Once the course is over, the instructor is gone, and it’s up to you to make sense of the supplemental material.
With APEX, you’ll always have ALL our content right at your fingertips, so you can learn at your own pace.
What is the origin of your name?
We believe that a question-based approach to learning is the most efficient way to prepare for any standardized test, so we sought a name that embodies our philosophy.
APEX stands for: Anesthesia Practice EXams
Do you still have questions?
We’re always here for you. You can reach us at (804) 347-0703 or you can email us. We’ll be happy to answer all your questions.